Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Two, Two, Two challenges in one!

I'm really enjoying participating in swapping and some of the challenges out in stamping land.  Today's card is for a swap for my swap group (Love the SSUS ladies!) and for the Mojo Monday #120.  I love this sketch.  It's a keeper!  The swap had to be a birthday card, and with all the hype about the Disney movie, "The Princess and the Frog" (well I should qualify that with the statement that the hype is in my home), I figured I'd do something along the line of kissing a prince as a birthday wish.  Okay, it makes me giggle to see the frog in this stamp.  He looks so darn happy to be sittin' with the flowers, and I'd bet he's a prince of a frog.

It was also nice to get some happy spring colors out.  Love red.  It's my favorite color, and usually shows up somewhere on most of my cards.  But there is not even a dot of it on this card! With all the cold and the slushy snow and the gray skies, this card is just the ticket for a happy birthday wish.

Thanks for popping in today. Stay Warm!
Kristine

Supplies:
Stamps: Heard from the heart, Circles Scallops #2 Die, A flower for all seasons
Inks: Craft white, Pretty in pink, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst
Card Stock: Tea Party DSP, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Tools: Big Shot, Perfect Polks Dots Texture Impression folder (Occassions mini) 3/4" square punch, Circle Scissor plus

4 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Really cute. I like the color combo.

An Occasional Genius said...

Love the spring colours, just the thing in this gloomy weather! Great card.

Unknown said...

Ohhhhhh.....ahhhhhhhh - I love this one!! Very cute!! I agree with the others...love the colors!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just darling. Thanks for playing! :)