Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

A Valentine for you

This is a great little Valentine holder.  It's sorta a mini book, note card and treat holder all in one.  I adore things that are versatile (see my other posts to prove this point.) The heart is inked in white craft and then embossed with white embossing powder so it really pops.  It's cute right now, but open it up and....

waa laaa!....there's a little place to put a love/friendship note and another pocket to put a tea bag or maybe some chocolate (Maybe both!). The person I made this for is a tea drinker, so the tea bag works for her.  I used the Sending Love Specialty DSP, so there's a little sparkle on the papers, too. (Yes, this has two of my favorite things--red and sparkle.)  Interesting thought: I hardly ever wear red or bright colors, and the only jewelry I wear is a simple wedding ring, my grandmother's ring and simple earrings.  I'm a pretty neutral gal in real life, but I go for red and bling in my creations. One of the main colors in my house is a deep maroon color. What would Freud say?  hmmmmm?
If your interested in the dimensions and the supplies for this, leave me a comment with your email address and I'll send them to your email.

Thanks for taking the time to see what I've been up to! :-)
Kristine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristine, will be making this on Saturday? If not, I'd love the dimensions!
Nance

Unknown said...

OMGosh!! Ok....I'm breaking out the table again!! You always put something cute up and WHAMO...gotta make it!! Could I please please please get the demi's??? I'll send ya some C H O C O L A T E!! LOL