Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Fall card

Demonstrators for Stampin' Up! get a monthly magazine called Stampin' Success.  There is always something in there that gets a response from me.  This time it was a card designed by Lisa Dolson from the great state of Montana.  I copied her card, except that I do not have the same stamp sets she has, nor do I have the patience she has to score a card the way she did.  I have searched the vast web to see if she has a website/blog. I cannot find either.  I cannot legally show her card on my blog, soooo you'll have to either imagine what she did, or become a demo to see the magazine. :-)  Here's some differences...she used a leaf stamp set different than the one I have used, she had a different sentiment, and she scored the die cut piece whereas I used the new wood grain embossing folder...so much cinchier. (is that a word?  Mr Spellchecker says no, but I'm using it anyway.) Colors and layout are the same.   

Here is my version:


Can you see why it won the art contest?  Once I had all the leaves made and cut, I decided a little shimmer would be extra nice.  Can you see the light sparkle on the leaves?  Purdy.

I liked this card so much that I made more of them for my Open Swappers friends as my swap card.  Click the link in the right side bar (the cute alpaca!) to see what all the swappers made.  Then contact me to join in the swapping fun.

Recipe:
Stamps: Autumn Leaf Prints, All Year Cheer
Dies: Labels Framelit, Woodgrain embossing folder
Paper: Very Vanilla
Inks: Cajun Craze, Lucky Limade, More Mustard, Island Indigo, Soft Suede
Fun embellies: Champagne Shimmer paint, Linen thread, a button from my collection.

------

Thank you to those of you who have emailed me to ask after my mom's health.  I appreciate the prayers and support.  She is doing well!! We go back to California this Friday to see how well she has healed from the surgery and to get a prognosis.  More prayers are always welcome!

Thanks for dropping in.

Happy Fall!

Kristine

No comments: