Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Challenging Day

As kids grow up, it's hard to find something that the child still likes to do with the parent.  Thank heavens that my daughter Olivia (who's 11) likes to stamp.  Since she comes home earlier from school than her brother, we found ourselves with some time this week.  We decided to challenge ourselves and find a sketch challenge as well as a color challenge and each create a card.  For me, the idea for the sketch came easily.  Working with the colors...not so easy.

Color Throw Down #158.  The sketch challenge came from a new place. This is only the third challenge, but I like the design! The site is called The Stampin' Queen's Sketch Challenge.












And here are the cards that Olivia and I made.  I decided to go with a square card.  I had a REALLY hard time with the colors.  Peach Parfait didn't seem to go with the other colors.  But the more I look at the card, I'm not hatin' it as much.  I do like the ribbon.  It is the first time I have worked with the new 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon.  Yup, I likey it!


Stamps:French Foliage, Petite Pairs

And here is Olivia's card.  She was speedy with her card.  She was done in 30 minutes.  I dragged along trying to make myself like the colors!


She said she didn't notice the other layers in the card, but was happy to keep hers clean and simple.

And a reminder...

I am offering a virtual workshop using the stamp set Christmas Lodge.  Here's what it entails...
If you would like to make all the cards in the picture, click here for more details.

Thanks for stopping in.  I would love a comment.  They make my day!
Kristine

5 comments:

Broni said...

You and Olivia both made beautiful cards! I don't know why you don't like the colors...your card is just perfect with them! Love Olivia's CAS style! Thanks to both of you for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown.

Anonymous said...

This is so fantastic! My daughter Meadow 4 years, and my son Stephen 5 years both love to stamp with me. I am really hoping it stays that way as they get older. I LOVE your card! I probably wouldn't think those colors would go together either, but your card looks great. Olivia's card is AWESOME! I am just amazed at what young ones can do and it is just FANTASTIC! LOVE IT! :) Thank you both for playing with us this week! I hope to see more of Olivia's and your creations in the coming weeks.

Inky Hugs,
Cristena

Sharon Wheet said...

Kristine, I just love your cards! I like how you and Olivia used the same colors and layout and came up with two stunning cards. Very creative.
thank you for playing along with us @ SQSC

Tammy Fite said...

How fun that you can stamp with your daughter!! Both cards are wonderful! Thanks for joining the Stampin' Queens!

Pam Staples said...

Beautiful card and I love the color combination on the card. Very elegant fall theme. Thanks for playing with the stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge.