Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Another Christmas Card

I seem to find myself with more time this fall than I have had in falls past.  I am putting that time to work by joining in on some of the wonderful challenges out there.  Last week I did the Color Throw down and a sketch from the Stampin Queens Sketch challenge.  This week I selected the Paper Players Challenge #63  (because I saw a beautiful card made by Ann Schach and decided I needed to play too!)


and paired it with Create with Connie and Mary Sketch #166.

Create Sketches Landscape-015

 I think the colors of the Paper Players Challenge speak Christmas!  So I made a Christmas card using one of the sets I received free at Convention called Warmest of Wishes.  This is a hostess set, so to be able to get it, you have to hostess a workshop.  However, if you buy $150 worth of merchandise, this set can be your freebie choice until the Winter Mini ends on January 3, 2012.

Here's my interpretation of the challenges.


 I like this card so much that I used up all of the DSP (The DSP is retired and is called Cottage Wall.)  I had and made 6 more to send out at Christmas!  I feel so ahead of the game!  This card was the first time I used the new Stripes Embossing Folder.  What a simple way to add a little something.  The ribbon is the Basic Gray Taffeta which I made into a double bow and secured with a Clear Rhinestone Brad.  That is the only bling on the card. 

When I showed my husband this card, he really liked it, but then said, "What does No El mean?" I was baffled by his question.  Then I realized that his mind is not in Christmas mode like so many of us crafters, and I laughed.  He did not see the letters as belonging to one word.  So I jokingly said  that it translated to "No the."  He was even more baffled as to why there was a stamp for this saying. I could have teased him more, but when I told him to think about Christmas, he got it. 

I hope you enjoyed the card.  And, thanks for stopping in.  Please leave me a comment.  I love those!
Kristine





7 comments:

Sandie Conner said...

LOL, that is so funny. My DH does not get my cards sometimes as well. Very pretty, love your use of colors! Thanks for having fun with The Paper Players this week.

Nance Leedy said...

Too funny, husbands don't always get it do they?! But we sure do--this is a great card! Love the way you've used the colors and that big loopy bow is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining my color challenge at The Paper Players!

Lesley said...

Love this clean card! You have used the colours perfectly! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
Smiles,
Lesley

Julie Marshall said...

The more I see that striped embossing folder, the more I need to have it. It works perfectly on this card! Just gorgeous. Thanks so much for Playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

Great card! You used the challenge colors perfectly! And thanks for sharing the story about your husband...what a hoot! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Tara Bilbao said...

Oh my gosh your post really made me laugh. How quick of you to say "No The"- really funny. This is such a sweet Christmas card and I love the non-traditional rich razzleberry color for the holidays. Thank you for Playing with The Paper Players!

MJ said...

Funny story about hubby. Be sure to let him know we are not laughing at him but, well, you know, lol! I love these colors for Christmas and the card is just stunning!