Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fungi for a fun guy

This is the second card that I had as a project at the Sale-a-Bration event this past March 19th.  It is a rather bold and bright card.  As a demonstrator, I feel that my customers should be able to see all of the colors used...not just my favorites! :-)  So I will, typically, at every event or workshop go in search of a card design that is something different than one I would design and add that card into the mix of what we will be making.  I found this card design on the Stampin' Up demonstrator website where all of the demos can upload photos and "steal" ideas from one another. Ilina Crouse is the demo who posted a card similar to this one.  I didn't have the exact DSP she used, but the idea/layout and stamp set are the same.   I think it such a cute card! 


A couple of things this card has that sold me...
1.  It uses turquoise...an often left out color in my cards.
2.  It could be used for either a male or female.  If it is for a male, on the inside of the card you can write a message that says something like, "You're such a fungi!" A horrible play on the words "Fun guy."  Men like those kind of puns...at least the men I know.  Baffles me.
3.  It showcases stamping with markers.
4.  Just by switching the DSP over and using a different image in the Funky Four Stamp set, you get a more feminine feel card with more muted colors.  See...

Stamps: funky four, Cute and curly
Card stock: So Saffron, Chocolate chip, Whisper white, Old olive, Play date Designer Paper
Inks: Old olive marker, Crumb cake marker, chocolate chip marker, So saffron marker, Tempting turquoise marker
Punches: Ribbon border, 1/16" handheld circle
Accessories: Subtles collection brads

The only bad thing about this card is the number of layers.  You can be sure I was grinding my teeth as I preped for the event.  80 card kits cut.  Each card has 12 pieces. (Two are hidden on the inside)  Do the math.  That is a gazillion pieces of card stock cut! But my cutter and I both held up!  We're both troopers.

Thanks for stopping in.  Next time you need to do more of the talking.  (ha! crack myself up!)
Kristine

No comments: