Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

October swap and some RAKs

Hello All.  Happy cooler weather!  Makes me do the happy dance. 

My share today is my swap for the Open Swappers group.  (Click on the Alpaca in the right side bar to see what the other swappers created.) I decided to create a holiday card.  This stamp set had not yet seen ink {gasp.  I love the drinking glasses and the fun sentiments.


This was the first version.  I liked it.  Then I got this bee in my bonnet that said one more thing.  Put some embossing on the Gumball Green card stock.  So I did.

Version 2.0



I showed the two versions to my son.  He said, "I like the one with the embossing."  (An aside...how many 14 year old boys love their mother enough to KNOW what embossing is?  I know!  I am loved.  {Big grin.})  Later in the day, after making all the swaps with the embossed back ground, I asked my daughter which version she preferred, totally anticipating that she would go for version 2.0 as well.  She didn't.  She liked the smooth paper better.  (Can you see the confuzzlement on my face?) Dear Hubby comes home.  He gets the question... which does he prefer? He was the tie breaker.  I was hoping he would go for the embossed version.  I had ALREADY finished the cards...all of them embossed.  Can you guess what he said? 

Wait!  A game.  You leave a comment as to which version you prefer and I will draw a name to win.  What do you win?  The card you prefer!! I'll draw a name before next week end.  Okay, off you go to make a comment.

Recipe:
Stamp set: Happy Hour
Dies: Spellbinders classic oval, Framelits Labels
Snowburst Embossing folder
Cardstock: Be of Good Cheer DSP, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green
Inks: cherry cobbler
Ribbon: Scallop Dots 1/2" Cherry cobbler
Punches: Wide Oval
Fun stuff: Dazzling details, Basic Rhinestone

- - - - - - - - - -- -

Something that is so cool, well besides the weather, is a card that comes in the US Postal Mail for no reason other than the sender was thinking of you.  Here are some cards I recently received as Random Acts of Kindness, or RAKS in the stamping/card making world.



 
Thanks Eleanor and Joanne for the kindness shared! 
 
 
Thanks for stopping in! 
Kristine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with Thomas . . . the embossing coordinates with the background paper!
Nance

Kristine Chubb said...

I had one email and one comment. funny that they were both from readers named Nance/Nancy! Both agreed that the embossed card was better, so I will send each of you a card--with the embossing!

Thanks for playing!