Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

For Mom

I love Stampin' Up!  I really do.  But sometimes I see something that is non-SU that I must have.  So it happened last weekend when Livi and I went to a big craft store.  I saw this beautiful paper in the bargain bins.  It was love at first sight.  The roses on the paper spoke to me of times gone by.  So I bought it.  And I used it.  Everything except the designer paper is SU, but the colors are retired.  I have been rearranging stuff to make room for the new goodies to come, and I miss so much some of the colors of the past--such as Mellow Moss.  It was/still is a favorite.  It doesn't surprise me that Mellow Moss matches the design paper.  We are all drawn to certain colors.  Okay, now the card. This is my mom's Mother's Day card.  My mom does not own a computer, so no worries about her seeing it before I give it to her. :-) 


I decided to use the sentiment "family" instead of "Mom" because she is the glue of our family.  She has also never really thought much about needing a special day for moms.  She's all for another family day, however!  So it fits her better.

I fussy cut some of the roses out of the paper for the small pair above the circle and then popped them up on a dimensional.  Here's a side view of the card so you can see some of the dimension as well as the inside of the card (before I write in all the mushy stuff I write inside cards.)


Supplies: 
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue (retired), Mellow Moss (retired)
Designer Paper: Treasures by Shabby Chic
Polka Dot Embossing Folder, 2 1/2" circle plus and Circle Scissor Plus

This card fits the bill for two challenges as well. Cool. It is the Mojo Monday Sketch 240, and it fits the theme for the Paper Players Theme Challenge 94.   I thank the ladies at both challenges for helping me create my mom's card. :-)


I just realized there is no stamping on this card!  Huh? 


Thanks for stopping by.  Special thanks to my followers and subscribers.

Kristine

6 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is awesome, wow...so glad you played along with us at Mojo Monday!

enjoy *~*

Victoria Baltser said...

Very pretty card! I would be SO happy if you joined us at Tuesday Alchemy: http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com - We have a wonderful prize for this week's challenge!
Cheers,
Victoria

Nance Leedy said...

Oh what pretty paper and your fussy-cut roses are a beautiful touch! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love the combination of that DSP with mellow moss. Even though the colours are darker, you've created such a soft Mothers Day card. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Heidi said...

Very pretty! Love how you fussy cut the roses from the DSP and added it with dimension onto the front. Great color combo, too! So glad you joined The Paper Players!

Anonymous said...

Love the card, it is so pretty!