Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holiday Bustle

It has been a fast week. I have been creating and cutting and making my fingers sticky and inky. And it was all glorious! All gazillion and one of my Christmas cards has been sent out! Whew! I made a few designs since after a little while, I didn't want to make one more of the same card!
Card #1 used the very elegant Scenic Season stamp set. This was one of the first sets I bought when the catalog came out. It appeals to the traditionalist in me. The picture doesn't show it well, but I misted the paper with the frost white shimmer paint, so when the card is tilted, it looks like it's snowing!


Card #2 looks like a quilt in person to me--and it happens to use my favorite color combo--red and white (must be the Danish background!) I REALLY do try to use colors other than red, but it seems to sneak in there on me frequently. The main white panel is embossed using the Holiday mini embossing folder Petals a plenty.




Card #3 was probably the most time consuming of the three. Using the large and small tag punches, you punch out and adhere the paper to vellum to create the star. I LOVED the look, but was cross-eyed and sticky after making the stars. It was like looking at the 3D books where you're suppose to see something in the picture. After awhile, I couldn't see the star in the pattern! There is a great tutorial on how to make these punch tag stars on Splitcoast stampers. In the tutorial they show how to make a double star. I decided to stick with the single layer because I felt like the card already had enough goin' on. I used my much missed Red Riding Hood on this card. I so miss that color! {sniffle}. It's still an "IN Color" in MY heart!




I have also been working on some 3D projects which I'll share in a separate post.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Kristine

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhhhhh.....I love em' ALL!!! They're georgous!!!